Dickcoveney.us Forum Index Dickcoveney.us
For better discussion & memory of threads

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coveney Coutts Line update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dickcoveney.us Forum Index -> Coveney Families
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dickcov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Coveney Coutts Line update Reply with quote

Dick, I'm glad I have given you a new line of Coveney's! This mob are really challenging me though! According to my grandmother (and I don't actually remember her except as visiting a very old lady in a hospital bed) we were linked through to Lady Angela Burdette Coutts. She was well known for her charitable deeds, and was a friend of the young Queen Victoria. However how many rumours ever turn out to be true? I did follow her family tree through and could not work out where we could fit in, if at all, but haven't actually studied it since discovering James Coutts Coveney, so maybe I should take another look. Gone back to 1700 odd on my mother's side - a famous link in there - when Peter the Great, Tsar of Russian, went to England to learn ship building, he used the name of Peter Smith. Left a couple of children behind - and there comes our Smith line of the Chase family.
Barbara Warren [barbwar@netspace.net.au]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dickcoveney.us Forum Index -> Coveney Families All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: