Dickcoveney.us Forum Index Dickcoveney.us
For better discussion & memory of threads

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Queries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dickcoveney.us Forum Index -> Coveney Families
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dickcov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Queries Reply with quote

Put your Queries here, and perhaps, over time you'll get what you want! Very Happy
Dickcov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Thomas Coveney Reply with quote

I've not been able to find the ancestors of Thomas. His Naturalization Papers say he was born in "Cork, Cork" in 1812 and immigrated as a Mariner, arriving at Eastport Maine in 1832.
Pat

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: MARGARET COVENY OF TRACTO ABBEY Reply with quote

Any information on Margaret Coveney? I believe she is my great-great grandmother. My great grandfather was her sone John Harrington. He was always known as John Coveney Harrington with the nickname LONG JOHN. Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.

Patrick "Pat" Soule
Hampton, VA
Pat. Soule [miepat@cox.net]
Niall Coveney

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: MARGARET COVENY OF TRACTO ABBEY Reply with quote

Pat wrote:
Any information on Margaret Coveney? I believe she is my great-great grandmother. My great grandfather was her sone John Harrington. He was always known as John Coveney Harrington with the nickname LONG JOHN. Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.

Patrick "Pat" Soule
Hampton, VA
Pat. Soule [miepat@cox.net]
Quote:

Have you any dates for Margarets death and any names for your great grandparents.
Regards

Niall
Dickcov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Margaret Coveney Reply with quote

I cannot find any information regarding my grandmother, Margaret Coveney. She married my grandfather Joseph Turnbull, I think in Cork. I believe he was in the army and stationed there. They moved back to Co Durham and had 14 children, my father Walter Turnbull being one of them.
The only dates I have is Margaret Coveney's birth year being 1888 in Cork, Ireland. She died In Castletown,Sunderland,Co Durham 14/2/1936. Married to Joseph Turnbull
about 1908 ish
Can you help.

Kath Holland
hollandkathor@yahoo.co.uk
Dickcov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: William Coveney Kinsale? Reply with quote

To: CountyCork-L@rootsweb.com
Subject: Coveney's of Kinsale

I have just returned from Dublin trying to trace my ancestors.

I have a family group of Coveney's:-
Elizabeth, widow b c1798 in Kinsale
Mary b c1824
John b c 1825
Catherine b c 1829
Elizabeth b c 1834
Patrick b c 1836
all born in Kinsale but in London by 1844 when Mary married, from her marriage certificate I know her fathers name was William.

I was unable to find their entries in the records at Dublin Library and do not know now where to start looking for them.

The only occurrence of the name Coveney was as a witness on either a baptism or marriage of "Mary John St. Leger & Cate Daly sp...Will Coveny Eliza Murray" July 1823.

Is anyone on this list researching the same family?

The staff at both the National Library and the National Archives were extremely helpful, in fact they employ professional genealogists to help point researchers in the right direction. Its just unfortunate that I could not locate mine.
Dickco

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Patrick b c 1830 London Reply with quote

Re: New Coveney Web Pages
Author: Patricia Sears Date: 21 Aug 2006 11:44 PM GMT
Classification: Query
In Reply to: New Coveney Web Pages by: Dick Coveney
Post Reply | Mark Unread Report Abuse Print Message
My gtgtgtgrandfather was Patrick Coveney b c 1830 in Ireland. I believe he came to London in about 1855, where his eldest surviving child was born in 1865. His wife was Mary Sullivan - I believe they married in Ireland before they came over as I can't find a marriage record for them in England. I'd be happy to share any info on this branch of the Coveneys. Can you help me with any ideas as to which part of Cork Patrick & Mary might have come from? Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dickcoveney.us Forum Index -> Coveney Families All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: